Our client, a major airlines software/hardware supplier is seeking a Senior Network Engineer for a 6 month (extendable) assignment in Atlanta, Georgia. This is a hybrid assignment and so requires candidate to be onsite 3 days per week.
You can come onboard as our W2 employee or incorporated independent contractor.
The successful candidate will support the migration of three regional data centers to either a single on-premise region or to the public cloud (Azure or AWS).
• Be the network expert during design, plan and test for migration activation and transition
• Design, Develop and Deliver solutions
• Responsible for requirements analysis and detailed design of various technical aspects related
to traditional MPLS, Internet and Cloud Network and security solutions.
• At least 7 years of experience in IT network architecture, technical pre-sales, virtualization in
an Engineer role
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Ability to be the lead technical role on complex projects (Size and scope) overseeing
requirement analysis through implementation and support pre and post migration.
• Advanced knowledge of networking and switching
• Expertise in network design, operational support, hands-on implementation and configuration
of network elements for an international telecom service provider or at least in a large and
complex enterprise LAN/WAN environment
• Knowledge and understanding of programming language, Opensource, Openflow and APIs
• Excellent communication skills. Must be able to interact with internal stakeholders, customers,
- VMware NSX-T
- VMware NSX-V
- F5 GTM / LTM
- IPVPN MPLS
- Traditional Routing and Switching
- Palo / Fortigate Firewalls
Nice to Have:
- AVI ALB (ideal)
- Azure / AWS Networking (ideal)
- Python, Terraform, or PowerCLI/Powershell
• University degree or equivalent preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Network,Telecommunications or similar.
• Industry certification in Network domain/products is desirable
• Industry certification in virtualization technologies/products is desirable