Our client, a large transportation authority located in Jamaica, NY is looking for an IT Finance Manager for a 12 month contract.
Please note that this position will allow the consultant to work remotely. However, must be driving or commutable distance to Jamaica, NY as will need to come onsite (at own expense) as needed by manager.
To be considered for this position, the client has advised that upon placement, consultants will be required to wear a mask under certain circumstances, show proof of full vaccination OR submit on a weekly basis proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR diagnostic test.
- Qualified candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, Business or related discipline and five years of related experience to the responsibilities outlined.
- <1 year experience with: PeopleSoft, Power BI, PeopleSoft SQR
- 4-6 years’ experience: Budgeting, Finance/Accounting, MS Excel Advanced
- Very high expectation that the consultant will be professional, reliable, reachable and able to work productively while remote.
Desired skills and experience
- Financial Budgeting; Forecasting; Reporting; Accounting; MS Excel and familiarity with PeopleSoft Budget, Procurement and Power BI.
- Learning, understanding, performing and documenting the existing manual processes, data-sources and flows currently in managed today in Excel
- Capturing, documenting and anticipating user needs so that an appropriate system can be developed to meet those needs
- Identifying issues with the existing process and opportunities for reengineering
- Creating and implementing an agile project plan and timeline to design, build, test, implement and continuously improve upon a new budgeting and reporting tool
- Visibility into the various phases of spending in PeopleSoft (Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Contracts, Vouchers etc)
- Resource reporting including staffing, consulting, professional services and the associated labor and other resource costs
- Tracking and forecasting against the multi-year budgets maintained in both Hyperion and PeopleSoft Commitment Control
- The ability to adjust ledger activity for reporting purposes at any time (or multiple times) within the process while maintaining and not affecting the underlying transactions/data
- This position will work with Application Developers to create a reporting and budgeting tool to be used by multiple stakeholders throughout the organization including IT Budget Managers, Finance Staff, and Senior IT Management.