Our client, a large transportation authority located in downtown Manhattan New York City is looking for a Contingent Workforce Manager for a 12 month + contract. This is an exciting position for an IT contract talent operations management professional who has worked for a large consulting company, MSP or a large corporate or government organization.
This is a Remote position. However, candidate must be willing and able to occasionally come on onsite to client office in downtown Manhattan (when requested by client manager for important meetings etc..). Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for this position, the client has advised that upon placement, consultants will be required to wear a mask under certain circumstances when coming onsite, show proof of full vaccination or submit on a weekly basis proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR diagnostic test.
- 4-5 years of experience in a Resource Management role within an IT landscape
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in technology talent management
- Excellent verbal, listening and written skills are necessary
- Capable of running meetings with senior level staff and obtaining buy-in when needed
- Must be organized and can digest and prioritize large volumes of information
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
Experience performing the following:
- Resource Management – technical resources
- Skills management
- Resource pipeline management
- Recruitment management and tracking
- Excitement, energy, and strong people skills including excellent communication capabilities at all levels.
- Strong customer service and business analysis skills, with a focus on working with a diverse group of users to understand and solve problems.
- Experience with Google-Suite or Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Must be able to handle sensitive and/or confidential material and information appropriately
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter, dependable, flexible, able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage their workload effectively and efficiently
- 4-6 years’ experience: Information Technology contract (contingent) worker resource management
- 6+ years’ experience: Budgeting, High Level Analytical Ability
- Responsible for building and managing internal department operations including budgets, contracts, hiring, and department-level reporting
- Manage the preparation of IT annual Operating Expense and Capital budgets based on review and consolidation of business plans and resource needs
- Perform a monthly and quarterly review of IT expenses with the Finance team and CTO as a part of the month end close process
- Partner with departmental senior leaders quarterly for IT budget planning including monthly forecasting, productivity tracking, run rate analysis, and monitoring expenses
- Track consultants who hold visas (esp. H-1B) as part of holistically managing hires
- Work closely with the Finance team to help implement, streamline, standardize and optimize Financial Reporting systems and Tech Financial Management processes
- Manage the execution and maintenance of all technology-based contracts
- Manage open positions, job descriptions and the hiring process for staff, interns, consultants in partnership with agency departments
- Work in concert with Technology Management to prepare timely presentation materials and submit monthly management reports
- Coordinate and manage small projects/programs and may participate in larger projects
- Lead the strategic management and allocation of the resources, and our delivery partners to ensure the right fit of consultant & resources capabilities against our priorities needs
- Develop and implement the Professional Services’ team resource allocation process and project forecasting methodology to ensure predictability and availability of the consulting staff, while monitoring a proper load balance between the team and our delivery partners
- As a Technology Department Resources Manager working with cross-functional technology teams, you will be responsible for planning, executing, and maintaining a portfolio of initiatives to support our Technology goals and growth